At Morgan McLernon, our investment in high-end technology allows us to provide our customers with real time visibility and more accurate delivery time estimates.
A GPS Tracking device is installed in every one of our transport vehicles. This device provides us with a wealth of information such as the current location, journey times etc. The information can be accessed via the internet, meaning that it is accessible from anywhere in the world on a 24/ 7 basis.
Location: Armagh / Northern Ireland
Remuneration: £25,000 – £32,000 per annum
Status: Permanent full-time
Department: Human Resources
Hours: FT position – Monday to Friday rotating shifts (1 in 3 weekends); PT position – Weekend Hours Saturday & Sunday
– Effectively follow the daily plan as laid in place by the Transport Planners.
– Liaising with the drivers and ensuring collections are met.
– Ensuring that service levels are achieved and maintained, in conjunction with other departments.
– Optimising resources and adhering to WTD and drivers’ hours legislation.
– Re-plan and creating new shippings and liaising with the drivers and shipping companies with the vehicle ETAs, helping ensure that the planned trucks get the desired sailings.
– Updating customers with ETAs through the TMS (Mandata).
– Maintaining clear and effective communication with drivers, communicating accurate start times, load information, directions, additional shifts, etc.
– Increasing staff retention and maintaining good morale, reporting any driver’s issues or concerns to management. In turn, communicating any operational changes that may affect a driver’s daily duties.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
– Attention to detail/accuracy.
– Planning and organising skills, high level of numeracy.
– Negotiating skills, ability to influence and steer.
– Ability to work without direct supervision.
– Adaptable and methodical approach to work/training.
– Conscientious and reliable.
– Excellent communication skills in order to deliver accurate information.
– Good IT skills including Microsoft office packages.
– The ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure.
– Able to work as part of a team or individually.
Excel Communication System Analysis
Pension Fund, Parking, Paid Holidays
To apply, please complete the form here and our HR department will be in contact.