At Morgan McLernon, our investment in high-end technology allows us to provide our customers with real time visibility and more accurate delivery time estimates.
A GPS Tracking device is installed in every one of our transport vehicles. This device provides us with a wealth of information such as the current location, journey times etc. The information can be accessed via the internet, meaning that it is accessible from anywhere in the world on a 24/ 7 basis.
Location: Armagh / Northern Ireland
Remuneration: £25,000 – £32,000 per annum
Status: Permanent full-time
Department: Human Resources
Hours: FT position – Monday to Friday rotating shifts (1 in 3 weekends); PT position – Weekend Hours Saturday & Sunday
– Effectively follow the daily plan as laid in place by the Transport Planners.
– Liaising with the drivers and ensuring collections are met.
– Ensuring that service levels are achieved and maintained, in conjunction with other departments.
– Optimising resources and adhering to WTD and drivers’ hours legislation.
– Re-plan and creating new shippings and liaising with the drivers and shipping companies with the vehicle ETAs, helping ensure that the planned trucks get the desired sailings.
– Updating customers with ETAs through the TMS (Mandata).
– Maintaining clear and effective communication with drivers, communicating accurate start times, load information, directions, additional shifts, etc.
– Increasing staff retention and maintaining good morale, reporting any driver’s issues or concerns to management. In turn, communicating any operational changes that may affect a driver’s daily duties.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
– Attention to detail/accuracy.
– Planning and organising skills, high level of numeracy.
– Negotiating skills, ability to influence and steer.
– Ability to work without direct supervision.
– Adaptable and methodical approach to work/training.
– Conscientious and reliable.
– Excellent communication skills in order to deliver accurate information.
– Good IT skills including Microsoft office packages.
– The ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure.
– Able to work as part of a team or individually.
Excel Communication System Analysis
Pension Fund, Parking, Paid Holidays
To apply, please complete the form here and our HR department will be in contact.
Sign Up To Our Newsletter
Sign up to our newsletter for major breaking news stories as they happen – right to your inbox.